Sunday, January 24, 2010

Florence





This weekend was my first travel weekend! I wanted to start out small by going somewhere close, and not jumping right to a far off country. So with that in mind, I walked with my friend to the train station, bought a ticket to Florence, and off I was. When we got there, we all walked around the city center until we found a reasonably priced hotel. I usually don't roll like this, not having any plans, but it was nice to just do everything on a whim. We hit all the big places, like the Duomo, Santa Croce Church, Ponte Vecchio bridge, etc. It was absolutely beautiful.

Here are some pictures from the top of the Duomo, overlooking the entire city of florence, and some other great pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, I am super proud that you are just picking up and traveling around Italy, much like I did at your age, this is how I started my love affair with Italy! Probably why I have a place there now and love spending time with family and friends there, I hope we can get together in March and I can show you my Italy and you can share your adventures. Continue to use the Italian trains, they are great! Go to Siena next it is my favorite place and eat pizza at Nonno Mede...Have a look at my blog from July and you will see Levi and I eating there with 2 of his buddys. Have the best time love, Aunt Annette xo

    ReplyDelete