Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting There Is Half The Battle...

So with my mom and dad walking out of the airport doors, I knew that I was on my own. My friend and I made our way through security and to our gate, realizing that we had three hours to kill before we could board the biggest plane I have ever seen and fly over 1/2 the continent and the Atlantic Ocean to London. We made it to London just fine, but God bless these girls sitting next to us, because what do I hear as we are landing??? "There is fog ALL AROUND US!" It took every ounce of my energy to resist informing them that we were currently inside of a cloud.

Got into London at 645 am their time, and were expecting to wait until 1035 am for our connection. But no....London got a sprinkle of snow, and the world ended. We got our flight cancelled, then rebooked, then sat on the plane for who knows how long....ended up taking off at 3pm their time.

RECAP-
The trip was supposed to take from 5pm tuesday to 2pm wednesday...
The trip actually took from 5pm tuesday to 930pm wednesday...no sleep!

My room made the wait worth it though. I walked into marble floors, HUGE rooms with a large balcony in each, a full kitchen, shower, tub, bidet (butt cleaner), and tons of other goodies.

Time for bed though, computer is about to die, and who knows how much more time I will have to write because I bought the wrong charger!


1 comment:

  1. I will give you my italian cell phone number once i get to italy next week let's try to talk next week while i am there. ciao bello. xo

    ReplyDelete