Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vatican



On my friend Charlie's final day here, we decided to take a trip to the Vatican. I had been to the Vatican before, but never to St. Peter's Basilica. Walking into the square, it was amazing at just how vast it was, but then I quickly remembered that I was standing in the most holy place of the Christian faith. Walking into St. Peter's, we were all stopped, as a group of Swiss Guards walked past...pretty cool. They looked goofy, but I'm sure they meant business if they were responsible for protecting the Pope. As we entered, my eyes got wide at the overwhelming amount of art and history associated with the building. There were many amazing things, but I think that the part I liked the best was seeing the popes in their tombs, with wax over their faces, perfectly preserved. Here are some pictures from the day, hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment